Call to speak with our care coordinators: 1-800-620-8996
Since 1982, CHI St. Luke's Health–Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center has provided exceptional healthcare to patients referred for organ transplantation as well as implantation of Left Ventricular Assist Devices.
Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center is continuously recognized for its successful outcomes.
Why Choose Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center for a transplant?
- World-Renowned Physicians. Our physicians are leaders in innovative, ground-breaking research, including the testing of prototypes for a total artificial heart and improving left ventricular assist devices (LVADS).
- Better Outcomes. Our program is proud to reach high rates of positive outcomes above national averages. We have also achieved the highest 1-year patient survival rate for lung transplant recipients in the state of Texas.
- Transplant History-Maker. We are home to the first successful heart transplant in the U.S., the first total artificial heart implantation in the world, and the first bridge-to-transplant with an LVAD among many other transplant breakthroughs.
- Breadth of Experience. Our specialists have performed over 2,100 kidney transplants, over 1,500 liver transplants, over 1,000 heart transplants, and over 1,000 LVAD procedures.
- International Referral Center. We treat the most complex cases. Patients from all over the world come to Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center for lung care.
The Transplant Department offers a complete continuum of patient care, from initial counseling to post-transplant medical follow-up. Learn more about our program.