CHI St. Luke's Health Centers of Sleep Medicine, the largest network of accredited sleep services beds in Greater Houston, are staffed by physician specialists in pulmonary medicine, cardiology, neurology, psychology, and otolaryngology (ears, nose, and throat). Board-certified physicians and highly skilled, licensed technologists help our patients find sleep solutions that lead to restful and productive lifestyles.
More than one in 10 Americans is affected by a sleep disorder. Sleep disturbances interfere with the quality of your waking hours—and may be life-threatening. Not only can they deplete your stamina, focus, and vitality, they also contribute to high blood pressure, depression, heart attack, and stroke. Sleep issues may be especially problematic for patients with asthma, diabetes, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), or heart conditions.
Most Common Sleep Disorders
- Sleep apnea—disruptive snoring and interrupted breathing
- Insomnia—inability to fall asleep or stay asleep
- Narcolepsy—uncontrolled sleep attacks during the day
- Parasomnia—nightmares, sleepwalking, abnormal movement, bedwetting
- Sleep-wake schedule disorders—conflicts between sleep cycles and life- and work-schedules
During the sleep study, technologists monitor your sleeping and breathing patterns, movements, snoring, heart rhythm, and oxygen levels. From this information, physicians will recommend lifestyle changes, CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) therapy, surgical options, or other solutions.
Why choose our Sleep Center?
We understand that quality rest is an important part of your health. Our team of Pulmonary Critical Care Sleep Medicine Specialists and Registered Technical Staff, are dedicated to treating sleep disorders, such as:
- Heart Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Depression and/or Anxiety Disorders
- Increased Morbidity and Mortality