Occupational Therapy helps clients resume their daily activities living. This is part of the continuum of care for people recovering from injury, surgery, and medical conditions, or patients who are dealing with chronic illness. Outpatient therapy includes education for patients and caregivers.
Occupational therapists help with numerous injuries and conditions, including:
- Tendonitis, including tennis and golfer’s elbow, De Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- Post-operative tendon and nerve lacerations, fractures
- Nerve compressions, such as carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome
- Joint stiffness after traumatic injury
- Post-operative joint replacement
- Arthritis and pain of the hand and arm