Call to speak with our care coordinators: 1-800-576-2866
Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center, home of the Texas Heart® Institute (THI), is internationally recognized as a leader in cardiovascular care. Together, Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center and THI form one of the largest cardiovascular centers in the world that offers a full range of specialty heart programs.
Our programs—ranging from vascular and emergency services to interventional and thoracic surgeries—feature some of the most experienced cardiovascular and cardiology specialists operating in one of the most respected research and educational settings in the world.
Why Choose Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center?
- Premier Heart Hospital. U.S. News & World Report has consistently recognized THI at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center as a top center for Cardiology & Heart Surgery.
- Cardiovascular History-Maker. Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center has teamed up with THI for some of the most important medical achievements in cardiovascular history—including the nation’s first successful heart transplant, the world’s first total artificial heart transplant, and effective methods of preventing heart attacks by reducing the formation of artery blockages.
- World-Renowned Physicians. Our physicians are leaders in innovative, groundbreaking research, including the use of adult stem cell therapy to create new heart muscle and vascular cells, testing prototypes for a total artificial heart, and improving left ventricular assist devices (LVADS) and other heart pumps.
- Breadth of Experience. More than 250,000 cardiac catheterizations, 115,000 open-heart surgeries, and 1,100 heart transplants have been performed.
- International Referral Center. We treat the most complex cases. Patients from more than 75 countries come to Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center each year for heart care.
Pioneering cardiovascular surgeon Denton A. Cooley, MD, founded THI in 1962 for the understanding, diagnosis, and treatment of cardiovascular diseases and chose Baylor St. Luke’s as its clinical partner. Learn more about our history and how we continue to offer the latest technology and treatment options as one of the leading cardiovascular hospitals in the world.
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, a CHI St. Luke’s Health hospital, has partnered with Texas Heart Institute and Baylor College of Medicine to bring world-class physicians, technologies, and research together in the Texas Medical Center to better serve our patients.