Neurointensivists, neurologists, and neurosurgeons all work collaboratively with the neurointerventional radiologists to provide many treatment options for neurovascular disorders. Interventional Neuroradiology utilizes cutting edge imaging, interventional and surgical treatment of stroke, aneurysm, and other neurovascular disorders. They also work closely with internal hospital specialists to utilize diagnostic capabilities. Our interventional technologists have specialized training and are licensed by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and the Texas Department of Health (TDH.)
- Extracranial and intracranial angioplasty
- Coil occlusion of aneurysms
- Carotid/cerebral angiograms
- Embolization of bleeding, tumors & vascular lesions
- Intracranial stenting
- Interventional treatment of arteriovenous malformations of the brain and spine
- State-of-the-art biplane angiography systems designed for ideal patient access and projection angles as well as integrated software allowing for rapid diagnosis with real-time evaluations, study comparisons, image fusion, and 3D reconstructions.
Please inform your physician of any medications you are taking as well as any allergies you may have. Also inform your physician regarding a recent illness or other medical conditions.
Women should inform their physician if they are pregnant, or if there is any possibility they may be pregnant.
Radiation Dose: Special care is taken during X-Ray examinations to use of the lowest radiation dose possible while producing the best images for evaluation.