CHI St. Luke’s Health is dedicated to advancing the next era of healthcare by improving access, affordability, and quality of care for the people and communities we serve. As an industry leader and part of the nation’s third largest nonprofit health system, we offer an integrated continuum of healthcare services, providing holistic person-centered care to more than four million people each year.
Our strategic corporate assets and health solutions serve more than 9,000 employers, positively impacting employee health, productivity, and cost savings for employee populations. We align the interests of employers, providers, and consumers through products and services that address each customer’s unique needs. From navigating care to engaging individuals in programs that help them achieve exceptional health and wellbeing, CHI St. Luke’s Health is your partner in managing your healthcare costs.
Why Wellness Matters
A growing number of studies have shown that wellness programs have a positive effect on your bottom line, no matter the size of your business. Some impressive statistics include:
- 90 percent of healthcare costs are spent on preventable illnesses.
- Companies that provide wellness programs reduce healthcare costs by $3.27 for every dollar invested.
- 61 percent of companies found wellness programs help minimize healthcare costs.
- Employees who participate in company wellness programs are more likely to maintain a healthy weight, saving employers over $358 per year per employee.
- Employees who participate in company wellness programs gain an average of 10.3 hours of additional productivity annually.
- Companies with effective wellenss programs show significantly higher raters of employee retention.
The health of your employees impacts more than just medical costs. Company wellness programs can positively improve your business in several ways—including an increase in employee engagement, productivity, and loyalty. The healthier the employee, the more likely they are to adopt and maintain healthy behaviors both in and outside of the workplace. By empowering your employees with wellness programs, you help improve their lives.