Call to speak with our care coordinators: 1-800-576-2866
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, in collaboration with the Baylor College of Medicine Lung Institute, uses advanced technology and the latest research to accurately diagnose and effectively treat patients with complex lung disease. It is the first comprehensive, multi-specialty Lung Institute in Texas.
The Lung Institute offers individualized treatment utilizing the latest in technology and research that is backed by Baylor College of Medicine’s top-ranked genetics program to patients from all over the world.
Why Choose Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center for Lung Care?
- Unparalleled Resources. Located in the Texas Medical Center, access to resources, experts, and options is the best in the world. Examples include a clinical research tissue bank, genetic evaluation of mesothelioma tumors, and collaboration with the genomics Institute at Baylor College of Medicine.
- World-Renowned Physicians. The Lung Institute is led by Dr. David J. Sugarbaker, who is board certified in surgery and thoracic surgery and an internationally recognized leader in thoracic surgery and mesothelioma. Our world-class team features specialists from surgery, medical oncology, pulmonary medicine, radiation oncology, and radiology.
- Leading Research. We are a top center for clinical trials, using new treatments, pharmaceuticals, and procedures. We couple treatment and research to treat our current patients with the best available care and help future patients.
- Advanced Mesothelioma Treatments. The Mesothelioma Treatment Center, which is part of the Lung Institute, takes a comprehensive approach to the treatment of mesothelioma, including personalized treatment, leading-edge research, and a support program encompassing social work, case management, and spiritual care.
- International Referral Center. We treat the most complex cases. Patients from all over the world come to Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center for lung care.
Comprehensive care is available for conditions that affect the lungs, esophagus, and chest wall, including asthma, lung cancer, COPD, and mesothelioma. Patients come to us based on the reputation of the Lung Institute team for providing hope as well as superb medical care for even the most difficult medical conditions.
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, a CHI St. Luke’s Health hospital, has partnered with Baylor College of Medicine to bring world-class physicians, technologies, and research together in the Texas Medical Center to better serve our patients.