Patients Medical Center Volunteer Services invites you to become an integral part of our hospital community. By joining our family of volunteers, you will contribute to our high-quality care that is committed to excellence and compassion for the whole person—body, mind, and spirit.
Volunteering has a significant impact on the community and a positive influence on your health, wellbeing, and spirit. Volunteers at Patients Medical Center are part of a unique family that thrives on service and camaraderie.
- Free lunch on the days you volunteer
- Free parking
- Free flu shots
- Letter of recommendation after 65 hours of volunteering
- Invitation to all hospital employee activities
- Recognition for volunteer service
- Administrative Areas
- Day Surgery
- Emergency Department
- Patient Liaison
- Special Projects
- Welcome Desk
- Spiritual Care
Become a Volunteer
- Submit an application: You may pick up an application at the hospital Welcome Desk or download a volunteer application and follow the instructions to apply. Volunteers must be 17 years or older.
- Commitment: Volunteers must be willing to commit to at least a quarter of the year, or one semester of service and volunteer at least one four-hour shift per week (Monday through Friday).
- Interview: You will be contacted by phone to schedule an interview. The interview, your interests, and availability will determine placement options.
- Health Screening: Following the interview, we will schedule a health screening with the Occupational Health Nurse. This screening includes a medical health review and tuberculosis (TB) test.
- Orientation: Attendance is required for an orientation session that is approximately two hours.
- Assignment & Training: After orientation, the Volunteer Coordinator will visit with new volunteers about assignments and training.
For more information about volunteering at Patients Medical Center, call 713-948-7054.