Medical Mentor Program
The Medical Mentor applications are now closed for 2019. 2020 applications will be available online February 2020.
This is a student summer program that allows qualified students to shadow and observe a medical professional for a 40-week rotation.
The Medical Mentor Program is open to The Woodlands area students who are currently enrolled in school as either a rising high school senior (as of fall 2019) or a college undergraduate. Priority is given to students who have participated in our Jr. Volunteer Program. The 2019 program runs from July 8 to August 2.
- You must be 16 years of age by June 1, 2019, to apply. The program is open to rising high school seniors and college undergraduate students.
- If selected, the student must attend a mandatory orientation class on Friday July 5, 2019. Plan accordingly. No exceptions.
- If selected, you will be assigned to a one-week/40-hour rotation with a medical professional.
- In order to participate, mandatory immunizations and health screenings are required. Written documentation from your physician is needed, so ask early.
- Students age 18 and above will be subject to a background check.
This is a highly competitive, juried program. We are looking for students who are motivated and mature. Therefore, any correspondence regarding the application needs to come from the student, not the parent.
Click here to download information regarding the program.
If you have any questions, please contact Debra Hageman Staley at firstname.lastname@example.org.