Commitment to Community
In partnership with physicians and community partners, CHI St. Luke’s Health–The Woodlands Hospital is committed to excellence and compassion in caring for the whole person while creating healthier communities. Health is not merely the absence of illness or the presence of physical health. Achieving a truly healthy community encompasses—or works toward—all the elements that lead to health.
We are involved in our community in many ways:
- Delivery of healthcare
- Participating in community events
- Advocating for the poor and vulnerable
- Community benefit
What is Community Benefit?
A response to an identified Community Need that meets one of the following:
- Improves access to healthcare services
- Enhances the health of the community
- Advances medical or healthcare knowledge
- Relieves or reduces the burden of government or other community effort
Source: Catholic Health Association (2012)
Our Community Health Needs Assessments and Implementation Strategies