CHI St. Luke’s Health–Patients Medical Center offers advanced medical care to our communities in Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, Baytown, and Clear Lake. The Weight Loss & Metabolic Center at Patients Medical Center specializes in improving the health and well-being of severely overweight patients with compassionate care and advanced techniques. We offer a variety of surgical and nonsurgical options, including minimally invasive procedures. Our team includes specialists in bariatric surgery, gastroenterology, sleep disorders, and cardiology.
Why Patients Medical Center Weight Loss?
- Highly-skilled surgeons
- Leading-edge technology
- Multidisciplinary approach
- Non-surgical options
- Support groups and nutrition counseling
Rizwan Chaudhry, MD: Dr. Rizwan Chaudhry is a highly skilled, fellowship-trained laparoscopic, bariatric, and general surgeon at Patients Medical Center. Dr. Chaudhry completed his General Surgery residency at the world-famous Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He then went on to complete a fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery (weight loss surgery) at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio.
Terri Corbett, RN, CBN, MBSCR: Terri Corbett is the bariatric coordinator at Patients Medical Center. She has experience as a weight management nurse manager and has previously served as a bariatric nurse coordinator and manager. She has nearly 20 years of nursing experience, including experience as a critical care nurse in the ICU and emergency department, as well as experience as an endoscopy nurse.
At Patients Medical Center, we understand that obesity is a complex chronic disease. There isn’t one therapy that works for everyone, and success looks very different on an individual basis. That’s why we provide our patients with the tools and information they need to make the decisions that work best for them. Our comprehensive program and multidisciplinary team are here to help you achieve your goals.
Our multispecialty program offers:
- Medical clearance to ensure all risk factors and comorbidities are handled appropriately before surgery.
- Nutritional counseling to provide a solid foundation for our patients’ weight loss success post-procedure.
- Mental health consultation to deal with any pre-procedure anxiety as well as to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of eating disorders and decrease the risk of future transfer addictions.
- Quarterly dedicated support groups to provide emotional support and guidance from others who are going through the same experience.
- Follow-up care after your procedure, specific to your health and the procedure you underwent.