CHI St. Luke’s Health–Patients Medical Center offers advanced medical care to our communities in Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, Baytown, and Clear Lake. The Weight Loss & Metabolic Center at Patients Medical Center specializes in improving the health and well-being of severely overweight patients with compassionate care and advanced techniques. We offer a variety of surgical and nonsurgical options, including minimally invasive procedures. Our team includes specialists in bariatric surgery, gastroenterology, sleep disorders, and cardiology.
Why Patients Medical Center Weight Loss?
- Highly-skilled surgeons
- Leading-edge technology
- Multidisciplinary approach
- Non-surgical options
- Support groups and nutrition counseling
Rizwan Chaudhry, MD: Bariatric Surgeon
Hear more about bariatric treatment options from Dr. Rizwan Chaudhry, fellowship-trained surgeon at the Weight Loss & Metabolic Institute at CHI St. Luke's Health–Patients Medical Center.
Terri Corbett, RN, CBN, MBSCR: Bariatric Coordinator
Get a better idea of the patient journey from Terri Corbett, our bariatric coordinator. Her role is to walk with patients every step of the way, before surgery and past it.
At Patients Medical Center, we understand that obesity is a complex chronic disease. There isn’t one therapy that works for everyone, and success looks very different on an individual basis. That’s why we provide our patients with the tools and information they need to make the decisions that work best for them. Our comprehensive program and multidisciplinary team are here to help you achieve your goals.
Our multispecialty program offers:
- Medical clearance to ensure all risk factors and comorbidities are handled appropriately before surgery.
- Nutritional counseling to provide a solid foundation for our patients’ weight loss success post-procedure.
- Mental health consultation to deal with any pre-procedure anxiety as well as to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of eating disorders and decrease the risk of future transfer addictions.
- Quarterly dedicated support groups to provide emotional support and guidance from others who are going through the same experience.
- Follow-up care after your procedure, specific to your health and the procedure you underwent.