Distinctions & Awards
CHI St. Luke's Health–Springwoods Village Hospital has accomplished numerous achievements and recognitions for providing compassionate, quality care. These milestones are a testament to the dedication and commitment put forth every day by our employees.
CHI St. Luke’s Health–Springwoods Village Hospital is a LEED Certified green facility. We achieved this environmental milestone by prioritizing the following optimizations:
- Sustainable site
- Site was enhanced and preserved to optimize stormwater management, reduce light pollution, and preserve existing landscape and habitat.
- Water efficiency
- Our facility uses water efficient plumbing fixtures to provide 450,000 gallons/year in water savings.
- The landscaping uses drought-tolerant, low-maintenance trees, shrubs, and climate-appropriate grasses.
- Our efficient Air Cooled chiller reduces potable water use by 1,000,000 gallons/year compared to a standard water cooled chiller.
- Eliminated irrigation water use by utilizing rainwater stored in nearby ponds
- Energy & atmosphere
- We optimized energy efficiency with improved roof thermal performance and improved fenestration thermal and solar heat gain performance.
- We installed lighting and fans that uses less power.
- Our predicted annual greenhouse gas reductions are 30 percent lower than traditional code-compliant designs.
- Materials & resources
- Twenty percent of our building materials were sourced from within five hundred miles of our facility, and 20 percent of our building materials (by cost) were recycled materials.
- In our build, over 1,000 tons of construction waste was diverted from local landfills.
- Eighty-seven percent of all our construction waste was recycled.
- Indoor environment quality
- Our build used construction practices that ensured high-quality air during construction.
- We performed a building flush-out after construction to eliminate airborne contaminants.
- Our facility uses a comprehensive green housekeeping program to ensure continued high-quality air quality.