Patients Medical Center Volunteer Services
Patients Medical Center Volunteer Services invites you to become an integral part of our hospital community. By joining our family of volunteers, you will contribute to our high-quality care that is committed to excellence and compassion for the whole person—body, mind, and spirit.
Volunteering has a significant impact on the community and a positive influence on your health, wellbeing, and spirit. Volunteers at Patients Medical Center are part of a unique family that thrives on service and camaraderie.
- Free lunch on the days you volunteer
- Free parking
- Free flu shots
- Letter of recommendation after 65 hours of volunteering
- Invitation to all hospital employee activities
- Recognition for volunteer service
- Administrative Areas
- Day Surgery
- Emergency Department
- Patient Liaison
- Special Projects
- Welcome Desk
- Spiritual Care
Become a Volunteer
- Submit an application: You may pick up an application at the hospital Welcome Desk or download a volunteer application and follow the instructions to apply. Volunteers must be 17 years or older.
- Commitment: Volunteers must be willing to commit to at least a quarter of the year, or one semester of service and volunteer at least one four-hour shift per week (Monday through Friday).
- Interview: You will be contacted by phone to schedule an interview. The interview, your interests, and availability will determine placement options.
- Health Screening: Following the interview, we will schedule a health screening with the Occupational Health Nurse. This screening includes a medical health review and tuberculosis (TB) test.
- Orientation: Attendance is required for an orientation session that is approximately two hours.
- Assignment & Training: After orientation, the Volunteer Coordinator will visit with new volunteers about assignments and training.
For more information about volunteering at Patients Medical Center, call 713-948-7054.