Personalized care in a comfortable setting is available to patients at CHI St. Luke’s Health–Diagnostic & Outpatient Center and Radiation Therapy & CyberKnife®. Board-certified, experienced physicians and a dedicated staff use the most advanced technology to deliver high-quality and individualized care. Our patients are supported by a full range of services and specialists at CHI St. Luke’s Health–Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center and the Cancer Center at Baylor St. Luke’s.
Located less than five minutes from the Texas Medical Center, the Diagnostic & Outpatient Center and Radiation Therapy & CyberKnife® provide the healthcare you have come to know and trust from CHI St. Luke’s Health. The Center offers convenient and free street-level parking.
Cancer Care Services:
- Cancer Prevention & Screening
- Hematology: Some cancers, such as leukemias, affect blood-making cells and lead to low blood counts. Others cause internal bleeding that leads to anemia. Cancer can also lower blood count by affecting the kidneys and spleen. Some cancer treatments require blood transfusion. In addition to chemotherapy, the Diagnostic & Treatment Center’s Infusion Center offers patients a private setting to receive:
- Therapeutic infusions/injections
- Blood transfusions
- Therapeutic phlebotomies
- Genetic Counseling: Family history is considered in diagnosing cancer. Cancer may be prevalent in some families because of factors such as smoking or obesity that influence the risk of cancer. Another factor is an inherited gene passed from generation to generation. Though genetics are responsible for only a small percentage of cancer, your doctor may refer you for genetic counseling.
- Radiation Therapy
- High-Dose Rate Brachytherapy: High-Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy is internal radiation therapy that delivers a therapeutic dose of radiation directly to the tumor through temporarily placed needles, catheters, or other applicators. HDR Brachytherapy has been used to treat cancers of the cervix, endometrium, breast, bronchus, esophagus, prostate, head, neck, and soft tissues.
- Trilogy Radiation Therapy: The Trilogy® System delivers 3-D conformal radiotherapy, IMRT, and stereotactic body radiation and stereotactic radiosurgery. Clinical benefits include high-dose rates for shorter sessions, as well as rapid on-board imaging which allows patients to be re-positioned quickly and accurately. Treatment plans frequently incorporate Rapid Arc technology. With continuous motion of the machine around the patient, image guidance and IMRT shape the radiation dose to confirm closely to the 3-D shape of the tumor. Shortened treatment time, approximately two to three minutes, increases patient comfort and precision.
- Multidisciplinary Team Approach: Physicians and staff at the Diagnostic & Treatment Center use a multidisciplinary approach to provide personalized care. Working with our patients’ board-certified primary care and medical specialists, we deliver the diagnostic and therapeutic treatments instrumental in care and recovery. We employee a full range of leading-edge diagnostic technologies and standard-of-care therapies.
Supportive & Palliative Care Consultation Services
Palliative Care is medical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual care focused on relieving symptoms associated with a serious illness. The primary goal is to relieve suffering and help patients and family members achieve the best quality of life, providing an extra layer of support during a difficult time. Supportive and Palliative Care is not hospice care. It is appropriate for any stage of a serious illness. Hospice care is specifically for those approaching the last stages of life. However, we do provide hospice education and assistance when needed.
Our team works closely with your primary physician and other consultants to provide:
- Expert treatment of distressing symptoms, including pain, anxiety, shortness of breath, fatigue, loss of appetite, and difficulty sleeping
- Assistance in understanding your medical condition and guidance with difficult treatment decisions
- Help with your ability to tolerate medical treatment and continue daily activities
- Patient-centered care, focused on advocating for you and your values
- Support with advanced care planning so your wishes are made known to your loved ones and healthcare team