Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center Volunteer Services
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center invites you to become a member of our volunteer team. As a volunteer, you will donate time and energy to provide many vital services to our patients and their families, visitors, staff, and community. Our volunteers include high school and college students as well as working and retired adults who contribute their unique talents, gifts, and compassion.
Volunteering has a significant impact on the community and a positive influence on your health, wellbeing, and spirit. Volunteers at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center are part of a unique family that thrives on service and camaraderie.
- Free valet or garage parking
- Scholarship opportunities
- 10 percent discount at the hospital’s Bertner Café
- 20 percent discount at Lori’s Gift Shop
- Free flu shots
- Free TB tests
- Letter of recommendation after 100 hours of service
- Annual service recognition
- Assist at Information Desks to direct visitors
- Support families in waiting areas
- Distribute books and magazines to waiting areas
- Companion patients one-on-one
- Deliver mail and email messages to patients
- Organize hospital fundraising events
- Coordinate holiday events for patients and visitors
- Perform administrative duties
- Provide pastoral visits
- Sponsor student tours of the hospital
- Circulate Art Cart
Become a Volunteer
- Submit an application online:
- Adult (18 years and older)
- Junior Volunteer (Ages 15-18)
- Interview: Volunteer Services will contact you by phone to schedule an interview. The interview, your interests, and availability will determine placement options.
- Health Screening: Following the interview, we will begin a background check and schedule a free health screening at the Employee Health Clinic. The screening includes a medical health review, drug screen, and tuberculosis (TB) test.
- Orientation: Attendance is required for volunteer orientation. Day and evening sessions are available.
- Assignment & Training: New volunteers will be contacted about the assigned volunteer area and receive specific training.
For more information about volunteering: Call 832-355-2102