Clinical Research Center
The Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center Clinical Research Center (CRC) is a hospital-based unit providing comprehensive infrastructure for clinical studies. Launched in June 2016, the Center provides inpatient and outpatient research services and resources for clinical trials (Phase I–IV), metabolic studies, translational studies and pilot trials in all clinical areas.
We welcome protocols funded by a variety of sources—federal, foundation or industry. Sample studies include protocols in the areas of endocrinology, metabolism and oncology, and upcoming protocols include novel treatment trials for genetic bone diseases. The CRC is staffed by dedicated acute care nurses specially trained to perform complex research studies. CRC staff work closely with study teams to ensure clinical study activities are conducted safely and appropriately, according to the work ow and sampling schedules of Institutional Review Board-approved protocols.
About the Center
The BSLMC Clinical Research Center is located in the Texas Medical Center at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center (6720 Bertner Avenue), 20th oor inpatient unit. The Center provides the following resources and services for a at hourly rate based on the study’s funding source. Study requirements not listed below will be billed separately, with pricing determined by prior negotiation.
Resources and Services Included:
- Two dedicated inpatient rooms
- Basic medical supplies
- Vital signs, height and weight measurement
- Assistance with physical examinations
- IV infusion pumps
- Phlebotomy and blood sampling per protocol
- Central/peripheral line access and site care
- Medication administration
- Adverse event management
- Patient meal services
- Refrigerated centrifuge and -80°C freezer
- Access to BSLMC’s pathology lab
- Access to BSLMC’s dedicated research pharmacy
For detailed information on CRC services and procedures, please consult the BSLMC Clinical Research Center Investigator’s Manual.
To Request Support
Study teams are encouraged to contact the CRC early in planning to discuss your study needs. All studies must receive BSLMC Administrative Approval before research activity may commence at BSLMC. If you have general questions about services and facilities available, please contact us via phone or email.
- CRC Mission and Operations
- CRC Visit Registration Form
- CRC Visit Scheduling Procedures
- CRC Study In-service Description and Requirements