Conducting Research at Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center (BSLMC) supports top-tier clinical research through its collaborations with academic and private practice investigators.
Prior to enrolling participants in any research project conducted at BSLMC, it is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator to obtain both:
- IRB approval from a BSLMC-accepted IRB, and
- Administrative approval from the BSLMC Research Office
Baylor St. Luke's accepts decisions from the following IRBs:
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Biomedical Research Alliance of New York (BRANY)
- CHI Institute for Research and Innovation
- National Cancer Institute Central IRB (CIRB)
- University of Texas Health Science Center – Houston
- Western IRB (WIRB)
The resources below provide information on research conduct procedures and services at BSLMC. Please contact the BSLMC Research Office with any questions (BSLMC_Research@bcm.edu; 713.798.6024).
- Guide to Conducting Clinical Research at BSLMC– Detailed information on all aspects of conducting clinical research at BSLMC, including:
- Administrative application process (see link to application under Forms)
- Research pricing – complete the Request for BSLMC Pricing form found in Forms section below and contact the Office of Research (BSLMC_Research@bcm.edu or 713-798-6024) for research pricing and pricing questions
- Procedures for research billing
- Procedures for patient scheduling
- Obtaining hospital approval for device studies
- BSLMC Clinical Research Center Investigator’s Manual– Services, study initiation, visit scheduling and visit management information for the BSLMC Clinical Research Center.
- Checklist for BSLMC Application for Administrative Review
- Application for Administrative Review of Research– All research conducted at BSLMC must obtain administrative approval before study activities are initiated.
- Investigational/Humanitarian/Postmarket Device Impact Assessment Request Form –Required form for all device studies. To be submitted as early in study process as possible.
- Request for Clinical Research Center (CRC) Support
- Request for Access to PHI for Research Purposes
- BSLMC Call Center Registration Form for Research Visits
- BSLMC CRC Call Center Registration Form for Clinical Research Center Visits
- Supplement for Studies Managed by CHI Institute for Research and Innovation (CIRI) or CHI IRB (CHIRB)
- Electronic Signature Certification (21 CFR Part 11)
- Request for BSLMC Pricing
- Administrative Review – Research
- Associating Patient Records with Informed Consents - Research
- Billing Compliance – Research
- Expanded Access - Compassionate and Emergency Use of Test Articles – Research
- Impact Assessment of Investigational/Humanitarian/Postmarket Devices – Research
- Tissue Collection Process - Research
- Ethical and Religious Directives - Language for Informed Consent Forms - Research