Distinctions & Awards
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center has accomplished numerous achievements and recognitions for providing compassionate, quality care. These milestones are a testament to the dedication and commitment put forth every day by our employees.
- Recognized as a Best Hospital for 2017-18 according to U.S. News & World Report, including second in Houston and fourth in Texas.
- The hospital’s Cardiology and Heart Surgery program—in partnership with the Texas Heart Institute—is ranked in the top 25 nationwide by U.S. News & World Report.
- Neurology and Neurosurgery service line is ranked as one of the top 40 nationwide by U.S. News & World Report.
- Ranked as one of America’s “Best Hospitals” for Cardiology & Heart Surgery in 2014 by U.S.News & World Report.
- Home to the Texas Heart Institute, which has been ranked for 24 consecutive years by U.S.News & World Report as one of the nation’s top 10 centers for cardiology and heart surgery.
- Received the Get with The Guidelines®–Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award and the Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association in 2014 for its exceptional Comprehensive Stroke Program.
- Received a three-year accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) in Nuclear Medicine, Nuclear Cardiology, and PET imaging.
- Named as one of the “100 Hospitals, Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs” by Becker’s Hospital Review in 2014.
- Four-time ANCC Magnet® Designation for Nursing Excellence—the highest honor bestowed to a hospital for nursing (2014, 2009, 2005, 2001).
- Completed its 500th liver transplantation in 2013—more than any other hospital in Houston.
- Completed its 1,000th Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implantation in 2014
- In 2014, became the first hospital in Texas to begin FDA-Cleared FIRMap™ Catheter to treat patients suffering from arrhythmia.
- The Texas Heart Institute at Baylor St. Luke’s named among the top “100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs” by Becker’s Hospital Review year in 2014.
- In 2013, named the first hospital in Texas to receive three Beacon Awards for Excellence from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN). Units 7 Cooley A and 7 South 3 both received gold-level designation; unit 7 South 6 unit received silver-level designation?the first nephrology unit in the nation to receive a Beacon Award.
- Became the first hospital in Houston and the second in Texas to be awarded the International Organization for Standardization’s (ISO) ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System certification.