Why trust your heart to anyone else?
The Texas Heart Institute (THI) at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center are doing more than ever to advance cardiovascular medicine and create healthier communities.
Together, THI, an internationally recognized leader in cardiovascular care, and Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center form one of the largest heart centers in the world for both research and treatment. And our alliance with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the top medical schools in the country, adds a level of research capabilities and collaboration that paves the way for even more revolutionary discoveries.
Building upon the work of the late Dr. Denton A. Cooley, our world-class physicians continue to lead research to better understand the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Now, Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center is continuing to make life-changing breakthroughs to eliminate more heart disease, discover more methods of prevention, and save more lives than in any other era in medical history.
Learn more about our
- World-Renowned Physicians. Our physicians are leaders in innovative, groundbreaking research, including the use of adult stem cell therapy to create new heart muscle and vascular cells, testing prototypes for a total artificial heart, and improving left ventricular assist devices (LVADS) and other heart pumps.
- A History of Making History. Together, Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center and THI have made some of the most important and groundbreaking medical discoveries in cardiovascular history, including the nation's first successful heart transplant, the world's first total artificial heart transplant, and unprecedented advancements in preventative care.
- Unparalleled Experience. To date, Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center has performed more than 250,000 cardiac catheterizations, 115,000 open-heart surgeries, and 1,300 heart transplants.
- World-Class Collaboration. Baylor College of Medicine physicians conduct research at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, including clinical trials that may provide patients with early access to experimental treatments and other resources.
- Minimally Invasive Heart Valve Surgery. World-class surgeons at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center specialize in minimally invasive techniques that result in shorter surgeries, reduced hospital stays, faster healing, and minimal scarring.
minimally invasive heart valve surgery.