I want to be a chaplain. Do I need CPE?

The Association of Professional Chaplains (www.professionalchaplains.org), the National Association of Catholic Chaplains (www.nacc.org) and the National Association of Jewish Chaplains (www.najc.org) and other organizations certify chaplains. The American Association of Pastoral Counselors (www.aapc.org) trains and certifies pastoral counselors. Some CPE is required as a pre-requisite. Interested individuals should contact these organizations directly about requirements.