CHI St. Luke’s Health–Sugar Land Hospital invites you to become an integral part of our hospital community. By joining our family of volunteers, you will contribute to our high-quality care that is committed to excellence and compassion for the whole person—body, mind, and spirit.
Volunteering has a significant impact on the community and a positive influence on your health, wellbeing, and spirit. Volunteers at Sugar Land Hospital are part of a unique family that thrives on service and camaraderie.
- Free meal
- Free flu shots
- Free TB tests
- Letters of recommendation (after 75 hours of service)
- Annual recognition for volunteer service
- Assist visitors at the Information Desk
- Organize hospital fundraising events
- Coordinate holiday events for patients and visitors
- Perform administrative duties
- Make Spiritual Care visits
- Assist clinical staff on patient care units
Become a Volunteer
- Submit an application: Contact Volunteer Services for an Adult (18 years and up), Summer College Program, or Junior (15-18 years) application.
- Interview: You will be contacted by phone to schedule an interview. The interview, your interests, and availability will determine placement options.
- Health Screening: Following the interview, we will schedule a health screening with the Occupational Health Nurse. This screening includes a medical health review and tuberculosis (TB) test.
- Orientation: Attendance is required for an orientation session.
- Assignment & Training: New volunteers will be contacted about the assigned volunteer area and receive specific training.
For more information about volunteering, call 281-637-7104 or email SugarLandVolunteers@stlukeshealth.org.