Instructions for Submitting to CHIRB and Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center (BSLMC) Administrative Review Process for CHIRB approved protocols. CHIRB approval is accepted at BSLMC.
The website for CIRI with a link to creating an IRBNet Account for the CHIRB is http://www.chiresearch.org/CIRI/Human-Research-Protection-Program-IRB. CIRI website also lists CHIRB staff and contact information for the IRB. The instructions include a link to access IRBNet (https://www.irbnet.org/release/index.html).
On the IRBNet website you can find the necessary IRB forms for submitting a protocol. Once your protocol submission has been entered in the IRBNet system, please share your project with Angie Esquivel and Obi Ash for access to protocol for administrative review.
Checklist for BSLMC Administrative Review:
- Clinical Protocols (Human Subject Research)
- Baylor St. Luke's Administrative Review Process
- New protocol available for review in IRBNet for BSLMC.
- PI emails or faxes Administrative Review Application to BSLMC Dept. of Research.
- BSLMC Dept. of Research scans the Protocol, Project Summary, Informed Consent and Administrative Review Application and emails the document to the Administrative Review Committee, (Nursing Administration, Pharmacy, Radiology, Pathology, Legal, IRB Chair, Director of Clinical Research.) The protocol is also sent to the appropriate Service Chief.
- Research Operations Specialist routes the protocol to all other applicable departments, Managers of all areas that will be affected by the protocol, Medical Records, Patient Financial Services, and Patient Access Services.
- The budget and/or contract are reviewed to ensure billing compliance of any tests and services paid for by the research grant or industry sponsor.
- All necessary research accounts are set up, approval of Medicare coverage is obtained for Investigation Device Exception protocols.
- Once approval of the CHIRB, Service Chief and all departments is received an approval letter is sent from the BSLMC Vice President for Research or designee to the PI and contact person via email.
- For studies that will involve research billing, a meeting will be scheduled with the Dept. of Research to review the billing process.