CHI St. Luke’s Health takes patient safety seriously. Here are important patient safety goals and ways you can help.
- Accurate patient identification—Provide complete and accurate information when you register, and expect to verify your name and date of birth throughout your stay with us.
- Correct identification of surgery site—Actively participate in confirming your identity and type of surgery.
- Medication safety—Let us know ALL your medications, prescription and over-the-counter.
- Risk of infection—Inform your care team if you have a fever, cough, or rash.
- Clear communication—Be open and thorough about past medical history.
- Falls prevention—Tell your care team about recent falls, dizziness, or balance issues.
If you have a concern about your safety or quality of care, speak with your nurse, physician, or another caregiver. You also may ask for a Patient Services representative.