Fit Hearts, our Center Cardiac Rehabilitation program, helps individuals who have recently been affected by heart disease recover faster and return to full, productive lives. Rehabilitation focuses on four main areas: exercise, nutrition, counseling services, and education.
If you’ve had a heart attack or heart surgery, or if you have another heart condition, ask your physician if you qualify for cardiac rehabilitation.
- Improve physical fitness
- Increase understanding of heart disease
- Support lifestyle changes
Why Choose Baylor St. Luke's?
A highly qualified, multidisciplinary team works with to help you achieve heart-healthy goals:
- Cardiovascular nurses with extensive ICU experience
- Master-degreed and certified exercise physiologists
- Registered dietitian
- Advanced practice, licensed social worker
More Program Features
- Region's first accredited program. The first in Southeast Texas accredited by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)
- Individualized, research-based exercise program. One of the nation's select programs designed specifically for each patient based on a five-point, functional assessment.
- On-site physician. Physician on site during all exercise sessions.
- Close to world-class medical care. Located in The O'Quinn Medical Tower — home to Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center — patients have ready access to St. Luke's Emergency Department.
- Morning and afternoon sessions. Sessions offered to fit individual schedules.