Almost everyone’s heart skips or flutters at one time or another; these mild, one-time palpitations are harmless. However, more than four million Americans have recurring arrhythmias—an irregularity in the heart’s natural rhythm. Those with arrhythmias should be under physician care.
Why Choose Baylor St. Luke’s for Treatment of Arrhythmia?
- Through the partnership with Texas Heart® Institute, doctors in the Center for Cardiac Arrhythmias and Electrophysiology have developed and/or are using state-of-the-art techniques to address the needs of today's cardiac arrhythmia patients, including the Stereotaxis Gentle Touch™ Magnetic Navigation System.
- A site for clinical trials, we offer patients and referring physicians a wide range of treatment options.
- Our specialists implant more pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs) and perform more electrophysiology procedures than any hospital in Houston.*
- Our Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory is one the largest and most fully equipped in the world with four suites dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmias.
* Texas Hospital Inpatient Discharge Public Use Date File, CY09, Texas Department of State Health Services, Austin, Texas