Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center is a quaternary care facility that is home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a world-class cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD–consistently ranked as one of the nation’s best in Cardiovascular Services & Heart Surgery. The first hospital in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award four consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s is home to eight freestanding emergency centers offering adult and pediatric care. The hospital holds a collaborative partnership with Baylor College of Medicine and affiliations with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston), Houston Baptist University, and Prairie View A&M University.

  • Opened 1954 (formerly St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital)
  • Licensed Beds: 850
  • Employees: 3,919 (including 1,555 RNs)
  • Medical Staff: 1,756
  • Annual Admissions: 24,557
  • Annual Emergency Department Visits: 77,532